In the area of Saanichton, British Columbia, SunTrio Farm is looking for 4 farmworkers to work full-time on their vegetable farm. Since the farm has harvesting season coming up, the opportunity is seasonal. However, it is quite well-paying.
In the rural area of Lucknow, Ontario, Canadian Select Genetics Ltd. Is looking for 20 full-time general farmworkers to work with Turkey breeding. Farmworker jobs are quite well-paying in Canada given that they do not require any specific educational background or experience. Please read further for more details on the job role:
Farmworker at SunTrio Farm
Province: British Columbia
$15.20 per hour for 45 – 60 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The farm deals with growing vegetables and selling them off to the local market. Therefore, the roles and responsibilities of the employee revolve around vegetable harvesting and hoeing the crops.
- The worker will be responsible for hand-harvesting the vegetables and preparing the produce for the market.
- The employee will be responsible for preparing a daily report of the harvesting as well as the sale figures.
- The worker will have to work in a damp and dusty environment since the work is outdoors. The worker is also responsible for working in extreme weather conditions like cold and hot weather. This is because the harvest has to be protected from the harsh weather.
- The job requires standing, sitting, bending, crouching, and kneeling for extended periods of time. The worker will also have to lift heavy loads. Therefore, someone who is physically fit will be required for this job.
- The job responsibilities also include doing repetitive tasks. therefore, good hand-eye coordination is required.
- Transportation is not included in the remuneration; therefore, the worker will have to arrange for their own transportation.
- Since the worker will have to sort the vegetables for sending them to the market, the worker must have the ability to distinguish between colors.
- Since the harvesting period means increased workload, it is important that the worker is flexible enough to handle occasional overtime.
- The work is fast-paced, therefore, someone who is organized and is able to work swiftly and effectively will be considered for the job role.
- Good interpersonal skills are a requirement for this job role due to dealing with external parties.
- No previous experience is required for this job role. English language proficiency is a must since the worker will have to make reports in English. Also, the work instructions will also be communicated in English.
Only those who have a legal permit to work in Canada will be considered for this role. This is because the employer will not be sending out work visas.
How to Apply
To apply for this job opportunity, email at email@example.com. You can apply by 9th September 2021.