In Fanny Bay, British Columbia, a fish processing plant is looking for 2 full-time employees for a permanent role as plant labourers. Further details regarding the company and the plant will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates. Furthermore, another benefit is no prerequisites of education or experience. To learn more about this opportunity please read on:
Plant Labourer at a Fish Processing plant
Province: British Columbia
$17 – $18 per hour for 40 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The labourer is responsible for conducting manual or machine-based operations around the plant.
- First and foremost the worker must work to unload the fish from the vessels they are transported in. These fish must be transported to the work area either by lifting the crates manually or via a forklift.
- These fish or shellfish must be weighed and recorded before transporting to the work area.
- The worker will be responsible for developing a daily report of the work done around the plant.
- At the work area, the worker will be responsible for sorting fishes according to weight, size, and species.
- Once sorted and processed, these fish must be packed in ice.
- The worker is also responsible for cleaning immediate work areas.
- Machine cleaning is also a part of the job since this will assure the hygiene of the processing plant.
- Transporting packaging material and supplies to the areas in the plant where it is required is also a part of the job.
- The plant operates seven days a week, therefore, the candidate will have to work weekend shifts at times.
- Since the job requires manual work around the plant, it is physically demanding. Therefore, someone who can handle the physical load and repetitive work will be considered for the job role.
- The job requires long hours of standing and working on repeated tasks. Therefore, someone with good hand-eye coordination will be best suited for this role.
- Since this is a permanent role, someone who can work well with the team is flexible and friendly will be best suited for the job role. This is a part of the organizational culture of the processing plant.
- No previous experience is required for this job. The initial period of the job will entail a training period. The performance of the employee will be assessed after the training period after which they will be offered the permanent position.
- Although there is no prerequisite of educational degrees or diplomas, proficiency in English is a must. This is because the medium of instruction is in English. The worker will also have to prepare reports on templates regarding the input and output of the product from the processing plant.
The employer is not eligible to send out work visas. Therefore, only those candidates will be considered who have a legal permit to work in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply for this position by 5th September 2021.