Food service supervisors in Canada are responsible for managing the staff and operations of the food business, ensuring customer satisfaction by providing high-quality service. Their job description includes tasks such as hiring and training new employees, assigning duties to subordinates, controlling inventory and ordering food supplies, setting up menus, organizing promotions and advertising campaigns, maintaining safety standards in the workplace, developing strategies, and planning activities.
The primary role of a food service supervisor is to manage the day-to-day activities of a restaurant, bar, or café. The job requires leadership skills to coordinate staff members and create an efficient workflow. Supervisors must maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, customers, and visitors.
The food service supervisor job requires someone with experience working in restaurants and understanding customer service. The ideal candidate should also possess excellent communication skills and organizational abilities.
Food service supervisors must have strong organizational skills to maintain an effective inventory control system. They should also be knowledgeable about hospitality services such as menu setup and promotion planning. Knowledge of federal labor regulations is also required for compliance with laws related to employee compensation and benefits.
- Maintaining high standards of performance and safety by enforcing safety regulations
- Monitoring portion control and scheduling shifts of employees working in the kitchen
- Assigning specific tasks or duties to staff members based on their knowledge, skills, or abilities
- Ensuring sanitation, hygiene, cleanliness, and waste management is followed by kitchen staff members
- Supervising daily preparation of ingredients/dishes as per recipes maintaining consistency
- Preparing reports as needed such as performance reports, inventory/usage reports etc.
- Motivating employees to reach productivity goals while adhering to all procedures
- Generating new ideas and participating in menu planning
No degree, certificate, or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage
- Prepare and submit reports
- Establish work schedules
- Food preparation
Health care plan
Job Type & Salary
It is a permanent and fast pace position. It pays a salary of 24.50$ per hour for 40 hours weekly.
- Free meals and beverages
- Medical insurance
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick leave
How To Apply
If you are interested in this food supervisor job, you must send your resume to
Leave a Reply