In the rural area of Lucknow, Ontario, Canadian Select Genetics Ltd. Is looking for 20 full-time general farmworkers to work with Turkey breeding. Farmworker jobs are quite well-paying in Canada given that they do not require any specific educational background or experience. To know further regarding the job role please read on:
General Farm Workers at Canadian Select Genetics Ltd.
$14.39 – $20.50 per hour for 45 – 50 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The farm deals with Turkey breeding, so the employee’s roles and responsibilities include handling animals.
- The worker will be responsible for taking care of the animals on the farm, feeding them, and watering them in a timely manner.
- The worker will have to indulge in activities like assuring the smooth sale of the animals to the market.
- An additional responsibility of the worker apart from taking care of the animals is cleaning the area where the animals are being kept. It is expected that the worker will maintain good housekeeping.
- A daily report of the sale and other activities will have to be prepared by the worker.
- The worker will have to work in a dusty and damp environment since it is an outdoor job. He/ she will also have to be prepared for working in harsh weather conditions like hot and cold weather as well as rainy seasons so that the animals are protected from the weather.
- The job requires the employee to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, crouch, and kneel. It also requires that the worker conducts repetitive tasks. Therefore, someone who is physically fit will be most suited for fulfilling the job role.
- A part of the job is lifting heavy loads. Therefore, since the job is physically demanding, someone with good hand-eye coordination will be required for the job.
- The remuneration does not include transportation and the worker will have to arrange their own transportation for commuting to the workplace.
- Since this is a permanent role, the employer wants someone who is able to work as a team player. Someone who is flexible and works together with the team.
- Since the worker will have to deal with sales, he/ she is expected to have good interpersonal skills as well.
- No previous experience or diploma or degree is required for this role. However, English language proficiency is a must since the employee will have to deal with third parties as well as coordinate with the team. The instructions for the work will also be communicated in English.
Only those who have a legal permit to work in Canada will be considered for this role. This is because the employer will not be sending out work visas.
How to Apply
Make sure to include this reference number in your application: NOC 8431. To apply, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 519-485-5454. Work timings are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, therefore, calls will be received during this time period only. You can also fax at: 519-485-1221.