General Farm Worker Jobs in Canada
In the rural area of Waterford, Ontario, Nightingale Berry Corp. is looking for 8 full-time general farm workers to work with planting and harvesting crops. This is seasonal employment and not a permanent role. However, it is a well-paying job. To know more about the job role please read on:
General Farm Worker at Nightingale Berry Corp.
$14.39 per hour for 40 – 80 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The farm deals with vegetables and fruits. The worker is responsible for planting, irrigating, cultivating, and harvesting crops.
- The worker is also responsible for preparing the produce for the market.
- The worker will also have to operate farm machinery for conducting the work.
- A daily report of the activities needs to be developed. This includes the daily reporting of the jobs done, the sales made, and a record of the wastage.
- Since this work is outdoors, the worker will have to work in a damp and dusty environment. Also, the worker is responsible for working under harsh weather conditions like heat, cold, or the rainy season. This is to assure that the crops are protected.
- Another responsibility of the worker apart from taking care of the crops is to keep the greenhouse area clean. Good housekeeping is expected from the worker.
- Since the employee has to work in a fast-paced environment, someone who is responsible and organized will be considered for the job role.
- The job also required handling heavy objects as well as standing, kneeling, bending, and sitting for extended periods of time. Therefore, someone who is physically fit will be considered for the job role.
- The job also required doing repetitive tasks. therefore, the person needs to have good hand-eye coordination.
- The remuneration does not include transportation. So, the worker will have to arrange for their own transportation.
- Since the role includes examining and preparing the produce for the market, someone who can distinguish between the colors, as well as someone with an eye for detail, will be best suited for this job role.
- Since the worker will have to deal with sales, he/ she is expected to have good interpersonal skills as well.
- No previous experience or diploma or degree is required for this role. However, English language proficiency is a must since the instructions for work will be given in English. The worker will also have to write reports and at times, verbally report in the English language.
Only those who have a legal permit to work in Canada will be considered for this role. This is because the employer will not be sending out work visas.
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply by 9th September 2021.