Shoreside Services Ltd. Is looking for 25 labourers to work in their fish processing unit in Surrey, British Columbia. The role is full-time and will lead to a permanent position after the initial probationary period. Please read on further to know more about this opportunity
Seafood Plant Labourer at Shoreside Services Ltd.
Province: British Columbia
$15.20 per hour for 40 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The worker will be indulged in several activities around the processing plant. Firstly, the worker will be cleaning, trimming, and cutting the seafood prior to further processing.
- The worker will also have to scrape away the scales, remove wastage and make fillets from the fish.
- Since the processing plant does not only wholesale the fish, but processes and packages it for sale to the individual customer, it is important for the worker to work precisely.
- The worker will be responsible for cutting the fish into an optimal section for fillets according to the size of the fish.
- Other seafood that the worker will be dealing with includes lobsters. The worker will be trained on removing meat from the lobsters and other seafood in preparation for packaging and canning.
- The worker will be responsible for setting up the machinery in the plant. The worker will also operate the machinery. The different types of machinery that the worker will be working with include those that clean, cook, brine, dehydrate, smoke and process different types of seafood.
- The job is physically demanding since it requires that the worker manually lifts loads and operates machinery.
- The job requires standing, walking, kneeling, and crouching for extended periods of time. Therefore, someone who is physically fit will be considered for this job
- Although experience is an asset, those who do not have prior experience but are keen to learn will also be considered for the job role.
- The job responsibilities also include doing some tasks repeatedly. Therefore, someone with good hand-eye coordination will be perfect for the job role.
- Since this job requires the worker to clean as well as prepare the seafood for further sale in supermarkets, someone who has an eye for detail will be best suited for conducting the work effectively.
- Since this will lead to a permanent role, the worker must be a team player who works well with the other employees.
- The work is fast-paced, therefore, someone who is swift in working as well as someone who is organized will be best suited for the job role.
- The job does not have any educational prerequisites. However, someone with proficient English is a must for the job since the workers are instructed in English. The worker will also have to read and understand machine operations as receive other training in English.
While the employer promotes diversity and inclusivity, they cannot send out work visas. Therefore, only those who have a legal permit to work in Canada will be considered for this job role.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, either email to [email protected] or mail at Unit 210 12860 Clarke Pl, Richmond, BC, V6V 2H1.