Seafood Processor Job in Canada
In Pokemouche, New Brunswick, a seafood processing plant is looking for 10 plant workers. The job starts as soon as possible and does not have any educational prerequisites or requirements of related work experience. To learn more about the opportunity, please read on:
Seafood Plant Worker
Province: New Brunswick
$14 – $15 per hour for 30 – 44 hours/ week
Roles and Responsibilities
- The worker is responsible for cleaning, trimming, and cutting seafood prior to further processing.
- The worker will also be responsible for setting up the machinery for the processing. This includes the machinery that cans and packages the products.
- The worker also needs to learn some technical knowledge regarding machine adjustments to assure the smooth working of the machinery.
- Another responsibility of the worker is to conduct quality assurance. This means that the worker will be responsible for assuring that there are no defects in the packaging of the product. In case of any defects, the worker should immediately report to the plant supervisor.
- The worker must learn to disjoint or remove the meat from lobsters and other seafood prior to the further processing of the product.
- Since the work is fast-paced some who have the ability to master manual dexterity will be preferred for the job role.
- While experience is an asset, there are no requirements for prior experience in the same field. Someone who is keen to learn will also be considered for the job role.
- Since this is a permanent position, the worker will have to demonstrate exceptional performance in the probationary period to gain the permanent role.
- The work requires handling of different types and sizes of seafood, therefore the worker should have an eye-for-detail that assures that the seafood prepared for sending off to the market is in perfect condition.
- Someone who can handle repetitive tasks without compromising hand-eye coordination will be best suited for this job role.
- Since the plant operates for seven days a week, the worker will also be called for overtime and weekend shifts at times.
- The remuneration does not include relocation near the plant. The remuneration also does not include transportation benefits. Therefore, the worker will have to relocate and arrange for transportation themselves.
- The worker must also own steel-toes safety boots which is a requirement for working in the plant.
- English language proficiency is a must even though there is no prerequisite of a degree or diploma. This is because the medium of instruction at the plant is in English.
While the employer is an equal opportunity employer, only those who have the legal permit to work in Canada will be considered for this job role. This is because the employer does not have the authority to send out work visas.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail or come in person between 10 am and 3 pm to 11314 Route 11, Pokemouche, NB, E8P. You can apply by 2nd September ‘2021.