Truck Driver Jobs in Canada A well-known Canadian corporation is looking for a committed tractor-trailer truck driver to move freight across the country’s highway systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Meticulous route planning.
- Guaranteeing the safe and timely delivery of our freight.
- Keeping a logbook with trip data.
In addition, you must undertake minor maintenance on the truck and trailer.
To be a competent tractor-trailer truck driver, you must have a lot of expertise driving vehicles over vast distances and the ability to stay awake for long periods of time. Finally, a great tractor-trailer truck driver is committed to delivering freight on schedule and in the same condition as when it was picked up. In a timely and professional manner, you will deliver finished items, products, and supplies to clients safely and efficiently.
- The candidate should speak frequent English
- Should have a secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- No past experience is mandatory
- Transporting and handling hazardous materials
- Preventive maintenance is essential.
- Make necessary roadside repairs.
- Examine the vehicle’s condition and inspect the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- To move goods and supplies, operate and drive straight or articulated trucks.
- Tarping and assuring cargo safety and security
- As part of a two-person team or convoy, drive.
- Make travel arrangements, as well as related itineraries and reservations.
- Keep track of cargo, service hours, distance traveled, and fuel consumption.
- Make brake adjustments.
- Unload and load freight/good
- Information is received and relayed to central dispatch.
- Pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections are performed, and all vehicle components are monitored.
Job Type & Salary
- This is a permanent full-time job
- Total five vacancies are available
- Shifts: day, evening, weekend, night, on-call, morning, early morning
- $27.50HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Trip reports
- Driver logbook
- Preparing reports for dangerous goods occurrence
- Bill of lading
- Repair and maintenance report
- All the inspection reports (en-route, pre-trip, post-trip)
- Incident or accident reports
- Should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Should be an excellent team-player
- Excellent judgment, flexibility, reliability, and well-organized
- Should able to handle heavy loads
- Should be attentive to details
- Handle large workloads
- Should be able to do repetitive tasks
- Should be willing to travel cross-border
- Willing to travel overnight
- Should have valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Hard hat
- Cellular phone
- Steel-toed safety boots
Types of Equipment & Trucking
- Tractor-trailer B train
- The extended length tractor-trailer combination
- Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles)
Who can apply?
You should have regional, national, local, provincial/territorial, long-haul, or short-haul transportation or travel experience. You also need to have Driver’s validity license check, a Driving record check (abstract), a Medical exam, a Valid passport. The employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Youth, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible Minorities, Veterans, Visible minorities. However, you should be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or should have a valid Canadian work permit.
Credentials (license, certificates, courses, memberships, etc.)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Driver’s License (Class 1 to A)
How to apply?
- Apply with your email address or by giving the phone number.
- Upload your resume.
- Now, wait for the employer to respond to you back.
55013 HWY 825
STURGEON COUNTY, AB