Zhi Gang Farm Ltd. is looking for a Farm Worker to work at our client’s farm in Richmond, BC. The position is seasonal and will start as soon as possible. This is a perfect opportunity for candidates interested in working on the land and having experience with animals.
The primary responsibility of this farmworker job is to assist in all aspects of animal husbandry, including feeding, watering, cleaning, milking, vaccinations, health care, etc. The candidate must have a basic knowledge of animal husbandry.
- Must be physically fit and healthy
- Must be willing to work long hours (40+ hrs/wk)
- Can work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able & willing to work in a team environment
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and in written English
- Can easily read and understand instructions
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must know how to use tools safely
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to drive a vehicle like a tractor, etc.
- Can work well under pressure
- Assist in all elements of animal care
- Feeding, watering, cleaning, vaccinating, milking, etc.
- Work with other employees to ensure that all areas are clean and safe
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning stalls, washing trucks, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Job Type and Salary
An outdoor, fast-paced job with potential for advancement. Pay rate 5.65 hourly for 40 to 60 hours weekly
Who Can Apply
Any person with a valid work permit can meet the requirements listed above.
How To Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Date To Apply
What are the different kinds of farmwork in Canada?
There are many types of farm jobs available in Canada. Some of them include the following:
1. Dairy Farmer – A dairy farmer works with cows and their calves. They milk the cows twice daily, feed them, and take care of any medical problems they may have.
2. Beef Cattle Farmer – A beef cattle farmer raises cattle for meat production. He feeds the cattle, takes care of any medical issues, and sells the meat when it reaches market weight.
3. Sheep Farmer – A sheep farmer raises sheep for wool production. Shearing time is one of the most critical times of year for farmers because shearers come in to remove the wool from the sheep.
4. Swine Farmer – A swine farmer raises pigs for meat production. Pigs need to eat a lot of food, requiring lots of attention. Farmers feed the pigs, give them medicine if needed, and sell the pork once it reaches market weight.
What is the average salary of a farmworker in Canada?
The salary depends on the location and the type of job you do. For example, a dairy farmer makes about $60,000 annually, while a beef cattle farmer earns about $45,000 annually.